ELR Restoration: Water Damage Restoration
Flooding can occur quickly and with little warning, leaving you with standing water, moisture, mold, mildew or a host of other issues. If you’ve experienced water damage in your home, we’re here to help.
We know flooding is a stressful event, which is why our services are efficient and professional, and we treat your home like it’s our own.
Whether your flooding was caused by a natural disaster or a plumbing issue, our professionally trained staff uses state-of-the-art equipment to:
- Remove water and moisture from your home
- Assess whether mold or mildew have begun to grow, remediating them as needed
- Clean and sanitize your property and affected furniture and belongings
When To Call Us
If you have standing water or large areas of visible moisture in your home, it’s pretty clear you have an issue. However, you should also contact a professional water damage restoration service if you notice:
- Stains on walls or ceilings
- Peeling paint
- Corroded pipes
- Bad odors that may indicate mold
The sooner you detect any of these problems, the sooner your water issues can be dealt with. Time is of the essence because water damage can quickly compound into more serious issues, especially if mold begins to grow.
ELR Restoration is Here to Help
Don’t deal with flooding and water damage on your own. Let our experienced and caring team of professionals take this burden off your shoulders. We will work efficiently and safely, working to dry, preserve and clean your belongings. Our staff uses modern equipment to deal with standing, stagnant water and its potential complications to ensure your home’s safety.
We also offer:
- 24/7 assistance. Call us anytime!
- Fast response time and quick evaluations of your needs.
- A certified, highly-trained team of experts able to handle residential and commercial water damage restoration
What Happens After the Water is Removed?
It’s tempting to breathe a sigh of relief once the water itself it gone. However, other issues may remain. Our team will focus on avoiding additional damage to your property and personal items, with special consideration to avoiding mold. In most cases, it will be necessary for us to remove all flooring, including carpeting and tile, since mold can easily grow underneath it undetected.
You should always exercise caution when dealing with a water damaged property. Some water issues are fairly simple, while others may have more complicated causes or consequences. This is why we recommend calling an expert water damage restoration service like us. Regardless, you should always take the following safety measures:
- Do not enter a water damaged property
- If flooding was caused by a natural disaster, check for fallen power lines and make sure not to touch them
- When possible, disconnect the power in the affected property
- Never enter a room with standing water if the building’s power is on
- Do not remove wet carpeting without professional assistance, as you could cause additional damage
- Never use a household vacuum cleaner to remover water
- Do not use any electrical appliances on wet floors
- Wear gloves if you must clean or touch affected areas, as mold can begin to grow within 24 hours
- Dry out wet fabric as soon as possible to avoid mold growth
- Move unaffected items to a dry location as soon as possible; if mold growth begins, spores will enter the air and could affect more of your belongings
- For faster drying, open up dresser drawers, closet doors and suitcases or storage bins
- Always let leather goods dry at room temperature
Protecting Your Family in a Water Damaged Property
Flooding and water damage are extremely stressful situations, and you likely won’t have much experience in dealing with them. It’s important to take the following precautions to protect yourself and your family:
- Turn off the HVAC system when possible
- Avoid touching water or items that could be contaminated with sewage
- Wash your hands frequently with antibacterial soap
- Wear protective gear, such as boots, goggles and gloves if you must handle sewage-contaminated items
- Discard any food items that have been in the water damaged area
- Do not turn on fans to assist with drying, as this can spread mold spores that may be developing
- Do not remain living in a water damaged building, especially if you suffer from asthma or other respiratory distress conditions
Why Choose ELR Restoration?
At ELR Restoration, the health and wellbeing if your family is important to us. Our goal is to create a safe environment for you, with all damage mitigated and your property returned to its original state as quickly and efficiently as possible.
In addition to employing a highly-trained and caring staff, we use the latest technology and sophisticated equipment to provide you with reliable and effective service.
Call us today for more information, or to schedule an assessment of your water damage. We’re here to help!